Well, I've reached that point where I'm big enough that people ask me when I'm due cuz I look like I'm past due!! I'm down to every week appointments now which is always exciting cuz that means only a few weeks til she's here!!
I went in yesterday for my appointment expecting my doctor to do the swab to test for GBS, but she told me instead that since they'd found it in my urine when they did my labs earlier on in my pregnancy that they were just gonna go ahead and treat me for GBS during labor. I cried all the way home about it. I've had to have the antibiotics with both Alana and Mayelyn. With Alana, they didn't have my test results, so they just went ahead and treated me to be safe. And with Mayelyn, I had tested positive. So apparently, I must be a carrier for it which means always having to have the antibiotics. I was really sad cuz I was hoping to be able to do most of my laboring at home, but now I have to go straight to the hospital so they can get me hooked up right away and hopefully get 2 bags of antibiotics in me before Makelle comes out....which if you've never had GBS, means that you have to wait for about 5 hours while the meds are slowly going in. I'm seriously bummed out, but as long as she comes out healthy, that's all that matters.
My doctor did check me but I'm not dialated at all yet, which is also normal for me. I haven't really had any good contractions yet, well until last night. I felt some good ones while I was watching the girls outside playing and then while cooking dinner. So hopefully they'll continue and help me progress along. My doctor did tell me that I could set up an induction date for any day the week BEFORE my due date, which made me excited cuz I really would like her to be born in August so I can decide when to put her in school. I'm really hoping she'll come before the 19th, so that my sister-in-law Carma can be there though.
Alana is so excited to have a new sister. She always tells us how she's "so excited to have 2 sisters" and she'll hold up 2 fingers. She thinks it so fun to watch Makelle move around in my belly and is always so excited about watching and feeling her move. I tease her about changing Makelle's poopy diapers and she says, "No, just the pee-pee ones, Mom." Mayelyn still doesn't have the attention span to sit and feel Makelle move, but when she does look touch my belly she says, "Makelle's foot right there" because I always ask her if she wants to come feel Makelle's foot. (Since about 75% of the time it's sticking out on my right side) Both girls have gotten to where they give my belly hugs and kisses at night before going to bed which is so cute!!
I can't wait til she gets here. I dream about it every night.... about holding her, nursing her, and all that fun stuff that comes with a newborn!! Brian went into her room the other night after we got the girls down to bed and just looked around at everything. He's way excited too!! So hopefully she won't make us wait too much longer!!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment