Tuesday morning was a busy morning for me. I had set my alarm to get up at 6:30 because I had a doctor appointment that day and for some reason my girls decided to wake up early that day too and were up before I was able to get myself sitting up. My appointment was at 9:30 so I hurried to get myself ready, get my girls some breakfast, and then had to get them ready too. Alana has been having swimming lessons for the last week and a half, so I had to make sure she had all the things she needed: towel, clothes to change into since I had some other errands to do after her swim lessons. As I was pulling her hair back that morning, the comb I was using ended up snagging a string on the strap of her swim suit so I went and grabbed some scissors out of my bathroom to cut it off cuz it was hanging down pretty bad. Then I finished getting Alana's hair pulled back. As I was pulling it back, Mayelyn was trying to pick up the scissors to play with them and I told her not to touch, then Alana told her that scissors are only for big girls cuz they can cut little girls. That make me happy cuz Alana had cut her hair when she was little and ended up with some bangs. After that it was time for us to be heading out the door. As I was leaving the bathroom, I noticed the scissors still sitting there and had a feeling I should take them and go put them back in my bathroom but since I was feeling like I was going to be late, I just pushed them further back onto the counter.
My doctor appt went great and I was able to get done in time to take Alana to her swim lesson. Then I had to make a few stops afterward for Brian to pick up some things and we still made it home by a little after 12:00 for lunch. When we got home, I had Alana go up to grab a comb so I could comb out her hair. (I'd forgotten to take one with us) Then after I combed out her hair I asked her if she wanted her hair pulled back out of her face and she said she did so I sent her to go put the comb away and grab a hair elastic. I didn't thing much about how long it took her upstairs cuz I was busy making their lunch. When she got down stairs, I started braiding her hair and noticed there was a bunch of hair falling out. I didn't really think much of it cuz sometimes when she gets knots in her hair, she'll lose a big bunch. But then as she was eating her lunch, I noticed a short lock of hair hanging in her face and it hit me that she must have cut her hair. So I ran up stairs and sure enough, this is what I found....
I kinda freaked out cuz it was SO much hair and I had only seen one little lock hanging down. I called her up and took out her braid and tried to find where she had cut all the hair from but could only find the one strand. There was no way all that hair came from the one strand I could find though. My mind was going a million miles an hour as I tried to think of whether to leave her hair, if it could be hidden with some layers, etc. So I took a picture with my phone and sent it to Brian and told him so he could help me calm down and then decided that in order to teach her a lesson and to make her hair look better that I was going to have it cut. Alana has been wanting her hair as long as her aunt Carma's hair, which goes down to her bum, so bad. Almost every time she would get out of the shower she'd say, "Look mom, my hair's getting so long, so close to being as long as aunt Carma's." She cried at first when I told her we were gonna have to get her hair cut, but then by Wednesday morning, she was fine with the idea and actually looking forward to it. The one short strand that I could find (I know there had to be more though) only went down to the bottom of her ear and it came straight from her part, so it stuck out pretty bad or I may have just had her hair trimmed and left it alone.A lady in my ward is going to Evan's and offered to cut her hair so I called early Wednesday morning and got an appointment. Gotta love $5 haircuts!!
Getting layers put in to hide the short strand.
The floor looked like a small animal with all the hair that was cut off.
So sad, but it'll grow back fast!!
I took some before pictures. Her hair was literally only about 3, maybe 4 inches from the top of her bum. She lost a good 5-6 inches of hair. I really like how it looks on her. I think she looks so much more grown up and she really loves it.
I had the thought yesterday that with soon to be 3 girls in the house, this probably won't be the last time this kind of thing happens, but I sure hope it is!!



No comments:
Post a Comment