Tuesday, August 23, 2011

37/38 weeks

So last week at my doctor appointment I was dialated to a tight 2 cm and still pretty thick. I asked her to strip my membranes thinking that maybe since I've never had it done that it'd send me right into labor. Well, it did give me some good contractions, but just a little after lunch they tapered off. Then on Friday morning, I decided to go for a 3 mile walk (Cathy went with me) to see if that would get things moving since Brian had taken most of the day off. That also got a few contractions going but only for about an hour. It did make me pretty sore for the rest of the weekend though!! :)
I went to the doctor yesterday and I'm now 2+ cm and 50% effaced. I had her strip my membranes again but this time I barely had any contractions from it. Pretty disappointing. I set up an induction date for Sept. 1st cuz my doctor told me she'd be out of town over Labor Day weekend and I do NOT want to have any other doctor. Hopefully she'll come on her own before then, but I'm glad to see an end in sight!!

No comments: