Monday, January 24, 2011

8+ weeks

Well, I'm over 8 weeks preg now and wishing I could say I'm enjoying it, but I'm NOT!! Even though I finally started taking a half of a Unisom at night last week to help with the sickness, I'm still fighting nausea most days. It comes in waves throughout the day and gets old really fast! I'm more exhausted than I ever remember being in my life. I sleep about 9 hours every night and then usually take a nap OR two during the day. If I sit down while my girls are watching cartoons or playing, I usually end up crashing out pretty easily. It's sad. Today, I'm trying something new to see if it will help me feel more like my old self. We have a couple boxes of Zipfizz left from when I bought them on sale at Costco, so I'm gonna try drinking one every morning to see if I can make it through the day without crashing so hard. So far, I think it's helping in more ways than just exhaustion, I'm feeling pretty good today!!

I think the thing that's been the hardest for me is that I've not been able to get to the gym to work out/run for almost a month! I see all these people on Facebook that are running the races that I was going to sign up for and it makes me SO sad. I know it's ok for me to still be running, but I have ZERO energy to get up and go. I'm so worried that once I get my energy back(hopefully in a little over 3 weeks) that I'll be way out of shape already. I miss running.

I had my first doctor appt last Thursday. I had to have a full exam since I haven't had one since after I had Mayelyn. Then she didn't try to hear a heart beat since I wasn't quite 8 weeks yet and the heart beat wouldn't have been audible. Pretty lame appointment for sure!

My actual due date is September 2, 2011. I put in my due date on my baby ticker as August 30, cuz I'm hoping to have this baby in August, so my ticker says I'm actually gonna be 9 weeks tomorrow when really I won't be 9 weeks til Friday. Yep, pretty much trying to hurry this thing along as quickly as possible!!! :)

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I have to smile at your post. Only because I know exactly how it is. When my friend was pregnant with her 3rd she was always saying how tired she was and I thought she was just being a wimp about being pregnant. Then I was pregnant with our 3rd and man was I tired. I went from doing a lot around the house to being lucky if I got dinner ready. You can ask Jared, he's glad I'm through that phase because he had to pick up a lot of slack. I'll tell you it does get better though. Same as the sickness (which I had too this time). Good luck and hopefully you feel better soon!

Kim Beckstead Cooper said...

I'm so sorry that you feel so bad! It's terrible, but if you can run a freakin marathon, you can totally make it through this girl!! :) Hang in there!