Alana loves to say prayers. She's really good at it too, although everything is still "bless" even when it should be "thank you" - we're working on that with her though. The other day, Alana had done something that got her sent to her room (that's where she has time out) and she always cries all the way to her room and for a little bit when she's in there. This particular day, I needed to go get something out of my room so I was up there and over heard her saying a prayer, it went something like this...."Heavenly Father, please bless my mommy to be a nice mommy..." I don't remember what she went on to say after that cuz my heart just broke. I'm so glad that she knows that she can go to her Heavenly Father for comfort and help with things that make her upset, but at the same time it made me feel like such a bad mother because she was so hurt and wanted a nice mommy, not a mean one that sends her to her room.....
My other favorite thing to hear her pray about is growing big. She says....."please bless us to grow big and be happy/have fun" She can't wait to be BIG!! Lately, she turns to me and says, "Mommy, look how tall I am" and she'll have to hands over her head. When I tell her to stop growing she says "No way." I just bought her some more pants since cooler weather is right around the corner and they are 4T and are already too close to being short on her. I've already had to accept that my girls are going to tower over me when they're fully grown.
Mayelyn is just starting to be better at folding her arms through the whole prayer. The food sitting in front of her is always too temping for her and she'll eat half of her food before the prayer is done being said. But she does know how to say a good loud, "Amen" when the prayer is done. I've started helping her say some prayers and she still only get about 2 of the words out of a sentence, but I know she understands that what she's doing is a good thing to do.
I love hearing the innocent prayers of children, so meaningful and so thankful for the little things that make them happy! It helps me to remember to be more thankful for the little things!!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment