Monday, January 12, 2009

INTRODUCING.....

MAYELYN HOPE BLAIR!!
She was born January 11, 2009 at 5:18 a.m. weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 1 oz and measuring 21 inches long. She's very healthy and such a good baby. Loves to eat, thus the weight, and sleeps good too. Her big sister, Alana, just loves her. Always wants to hold her and give her kisses!!


We came home the night of the 11th also, spending less than 24 hours in the hospital, we got home around 9:00 p.m. I am feeling almost 100% except for some sore muscles in my back.





THE STORY:



Saturday afternoon we took Alana to Jumpin Jacks to play around 4, my contractions started at 5 they were good and strong but were all over the place as far as how far apart they were. We went and got dinner after and my contractions continued, so when we got home I decided to shower and get my bags packed 'just in case'. After showering, getting ready and making sure Alana had a bag packed as well, I'd only sat down on the couch to relax for about 10 minutes when my water broke. It was a gush and Brian didn't believe me for a second, I went upstairs to change while we waited for my mom to come get Alana and just had to laugh at how funny the whole thing was, it was such a surprise and such a whirlwind, but then I realised I couldn't laugh cuz I'd leak more fluid. We got on our way to the hospital around 10:30 p.m. and on the way, she must have moved her head some cuz I had another big gush of fluid.(Good thing we have leather seats) So I ended up walking into the hospital soaking wet. I was at a 4+ 5 when they checked me. I was all settled into the L&D room with an i.v. in place by just after 11:00 p.m. I was checked again at 1:00 and was at a 6+. My doctor came in and checked me at 3:00 and I was at a 7+. They started a slow drip of pitosin at 4:00 and oddly enough I was able to rest in between my contractions for about 20 minutes. Then they got pretty intense. I woke up Brian at 4:50 who had been sleeping on and off on the couch throughout the night and told him to call the nurse because I felt some pressure (wanted to push), she came in and checked me and I was at a 8+, 9 when I was having a contraction so she called my doctor and all the nurses got suited up. My doc got there around 5:00 or just after and I started pushing, 3 pushes later she was out!! They cleaned her up, checked her vitals, weighed and measured her and gave her back to me to start nursing and she latched right on. Then she cried for a few minutes to finish clearing out her lungs. Brian and my sister-in-law gave her a bath and washed her hair then we headed upstairs to rest.




11 comments:

Cheryl said...

She's beautiful! And what an 'easy' delivery! Congratulations.

Jessica said...

Wow- She's gorgeous! YAY she's here. Good luck with recovery and caring for two. You'll be amazing.

Em said...

WOW that is awesome! Congrats she is so cute! I'm happy it wasn't too scary of an experience. Great Job!!! I love that Alana is loving her new sister so much... so sweet!

Brad and Jennet said...

Yeah she's here! That is so exciting! I am glad that you didn't have to be induced. Have fun!

Sarah Miller said...

You are such a super woman! How do you do it without any medicine?! Anyways, let me know if you need anything. I don't care how good you are feeling, let me do something for you, you'll appreciate it in the long run! Well, congrats and like you would expect, she is absolutely adorable!!!

♥Concerned♥ said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! And good job you being home before it was even 24 hours!! I couldn't have done it.

Justin and Kenzee said...

That's wonderful that everything went smoothly. Congrats, she's beautiful!

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Let us know when we can help! Anything!

Gough Clan said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys. She is absolutely adorable. I am glad Alana likes her. I hope you get lots of rest. We will give you some time to get adjusted then we want to come see you guys. Let us know when you are ready.

Tobler's said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! I am so glad she came!
Please let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! She is lovely! And Alana looks so cute giving her kisses. Congratulations again!